Pulse Lighting is seeking an experienced Warehouse Manager to join our team. This position will entail overseeing the technical design and build of entertainment lighting and video systems in preparation for events, festivals or concert tours. The Warehouse Manager will work cooperatively with the sales and technical services departments, LDs and shop technicians to ensure that each project has the required planning, crew and equipment. He/she will effectively dovetail project resources with other projects taking place simultaneously. This is a permanent, full-time position located in Nashville, TN.
- Work interactively with designers and sales reps to ensure proposals are technically accurate, complete and feasible.
- Plan each project thoroughly. Generate prep paperwork and project schedules. Enter all project details and upload relevant documents to the rental management system.
- Develop project schedule and maintain the online project calendar.
- Work interactively with the Technical Services department to be sure any repairs/tech services are on schedule to fulfill upcoming orders.
- Assist with finding and sub-renting external equipment as required.
- Assist with finding and hiring external project technicians as required.
- Schedule and manage shop crew. Approve weekly hours for payroll.
- Oversee project builds. Develop solutions to technical issues and challenges as they arise.
- Supervise project prep, de-prep, and develop solutions to technical issues and challenges as they arise.
- Oversee project execution on site (locally, as required).
- Supervise shipping operations.
- Order and maintain an inventory of needed shop supplies.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and well-inventoried warehouse.
- Maintain lighting inventory and asset management—to include barcoding, labelling, and ensuring computer database of equipment to be current and accurate at all times.
- Oversee routine required maintenance of equipment (examples: chain motor certifications, soft good fire treatment)
- Extensive experience with entertainment lighting systems including paperwork, rigging, power, DMX systems, safety protocol. Fundamental understanding of console programming.
- Highly organized with an eye for detail.
- Able to handle high pressure situations and tight timelines.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong knowledge of computers, office and design software.
- Managerial experience. Comfortable with directing shop and tour technicians on systems builds with an eye towards Pulse best practices and standards.
- Comfortable interfacing with clients as required to ensure needs are met.
- Live in the greater Nashville area or willing to relocate
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org